Difference Between 925 Silver and 935 Silver

Date published: 9th of February, 2023

925 silver, also known as sterling silver, is the most common form of silver used in jewelry and other decorative items. It is comprised of 92.5% silver, with the remaining 7.5% being copper or other metals. 935 silver is a lesser-known alloy of silver, but it has many benefits over 925 silver.

Benefits: 935 silver, also known as Argentium, is made up of 93.5% silver and 6.5% copper, which gives it a higher silver content than 925 silver. This results in a brighter finish, greater strength, and a longer-lasting shine. 935 silver is also more resistant to tarnishing, which can give it a longer lifespan than 925 silver. In addition, 935 silver is less likely to cause allergic reactions, as it does not contain nickel, which is found in many other silver alloys.

Overall, 935 silver is a more valuable alternative to 925 silver, as it offers a greater silver content, more strength and durability, and less chance of causing an allergic reaction. It is also less likely to tarnish, making it a great choice for jewelry that will last for years.

To read more on our approach to jewellery sustainablility, please click here: 
Ring Sustainabilty and Sizing

You can view our current range of 935 Silver and other alloyed Jewellery via this link below: Jewellery Collection | External


935 Silver Ring with 935 oxidizied on the inside in bold lettering


Other Jewellery and Accessories

Global shipping available at checkout 🚢

Image showcasing our range of jewellery which involve brass, bronze and silver jewellery items

Exploring alloys?

Learn more through our material knowledge base.

Learn more